The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-Second Edition (ADOS-2) is the gold standard assessment that assists providers in diagnosing autism spectrum disorder in children and adults.
- What is the cost?The cost of the ADOS-2 is $400. This assessment is self-pay only, and payment is due at the time of the assessment.
- Will my insurance cover the ADOS-2ABLE Academy does not bill insurance companies for the ADOS-2 assessment. Payment is due at the time of service.
- Do you have a waiting list for the assessment?Assessments are typically scheduled within one month of inquiry.
- How do I schedule the assessment?
ABLE Academy requires a referral from the diagnosing physician prior to scheduling the assessment. Please contact your physician and ask them to fax the following documentation to (239)352-7609:
- ADOS-2 Referral
- Patient Demographic Page - including parent contact information
- Most recent clinical notes
- Fax number to which they would like the assessment results sent
Once these documents are received, a member of our team will contact you to schedule the assessment.
- Can I schedule the assessment without a referral?No. ABLE Academy does not diagnose children with autism. All ADOS-2 results are sent directly to the referring physician who uses the results as one of several components for diagnosis.