At ABLE Academy, our team is here to walk you through the admissions process. The first step to enrollment is to complete our secure inquiry form. A member of our team will contact you to conduct a brief phone interview to learn more about your child and their program needs. Our clinical team will review your child’s information and schedule an assessment or classroom visit prior to enrollment.
- What is the school calendar?ABLE Academy is a year round program. You can find our current year academic calendar by clicking here.
- What are the school hours?
- Early Intervention Full-time Program: 9:00 - 2:00
- Primary School Program: 9:00 - 2:30
- Secondary School Program: 9:00 - 2:45
- Is programming or childcare available before or after school?ABLE Academy does not offer before or aftercare. Our team provides therapy, client programming, parent/caregiver training opportunities, and participates in staff development opportunities before and after school hours.
- Is transportation available?Transportation to and from school is provided by the family. Transportation for off campus opportunities during the school day is provided by ABLE Academy.
- What are the costs?
Tuition and therapy fees are based on a sliding scale determined by the intensity of the programming required, as well as the level of intervention that may be required for skill acquisition or behavior reduction.
School Tuition: Annual student tuition is divided into twelve equal monthly tuition payments, due at the start of each month.
Therapy Fees: All therapy fees are invoiced monthly.
- What funding sources are available?Additional funding sources may include:
- Family Empowerment Scholarship-Unique Abilities: Visit stepupforstudents.org to learn more. Please note that ABLE Academy only participates in the Unique Abilities Scholarship program under the Step Up For Students funding program.
- Health Insurance: ABLE Academy participates with Blue Cross Blue Shield and Florida Medicaid for early intervention programming only. Students must meet specific medical and programming requirements in order to meet prior authorization guidelines set by the insurance companies. Contact your insurance provider to see if your private insurance plan provides coverage for Behavior Analysis therapy. ABLE Academy does not participate with CMS or Healthy Kids.
- ABLE Academy Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available for students who meet income eligibility guidelines.
- Will my student graduate with a diploma?ABLE Academy students complete the secondary program with a certificate of completion. Any student who is on track to receive a traditional high school diploma will transition to another private or public school program prior to middle school. Secondary coursework credits will not transfer to traditional academic programs.
- Will my child receive other therapies at ABLE Academy?
All of ABLE Academy’s programs our founded on ABA principles. All students receive ABA therapy throughout their day, whether it be in a 1:1 or group setting. Students in our full-time Primary and Secondary School Programs receive music therapy daily as a part of their regular programming. ABLE Academy does not offer other therapies.
Full-time students who have a service plan with the Florida Department of Education public school system can opt to receive speech and language therapy from a Collier County Public School Speech Language Pathologist. Therapy sessions typically take place on our campus in a group setting, one time per week. Therapy is initiated through your child’s home school and based on qualifications met by their service plan.
Our team consults with an occupational therapist and employs many strategies within our classrooms. Our team encourages cooperation with outside therapists to help ensure continuity of programming and success for your student.
Outside therapists cannot provide regular ongoing therapy on our campus.
ABLE Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation in administration of its therapeutic, educational, scholarships, or other school administered programs.